Re: [Em28xx] MPL-licensed V4L kernel modules (em2880)

On 7/10/07, Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> > Stop that MPL discussion, I can put that code offline too and update
> > it with some probably nonfunctional code for several devices but it
> > won't help anyone in the end - so I won't do it.
> > I don't want my work to be stolen by linuxtv people in the end. It's
>
> It's funny you should say this, since 99% of the code you are distributing
> came from linuxtv in the first place!

Trent, I believe you're smart enough to see the problem behind
everything .. the license stuff is the smallest part of everything;
I don't steal and obfuscate code and remove the copyrights.
And I for sure will not tell anyone how he has to do his work after a
discussion where I didn't seriously participate.
The code as it is will get removed sooner or later and replaced with a
smaller package which only contains the necessary drivers.

I wonder what you try to gain by bothering about the license there all
you can win is the removal of the code there and the release of the
replacement of the around 80% finished reworked code. So please stay
serious and better try to fix the community problems that something
like that won't happen again.

Markus