Re: m920x device: Genius TVGo DVB-T02Q

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:09:50 +0200
"Pere Blay" <pereblay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> well, i still can't even scan channels... i lack the
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 device (that's what 'scan' from dvb-utils
> complains for...
>
> and actually that os what dmesg tells me in the output:
>

> [  297.476000] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'MSI Mega Sky 580
> DVB-T USB2.0'
>
> (that was already in the dmesg dump i sent before)
>
> so...
>
> 1) how to make this device be happy with its own firmware? (or how to
> check that if the firmware i got through snoopypro and m920_sp_parse
> is ok or needs to be improved?)

Firmware you found was most likely too short. Binary file size should
be about 3.3K. Take a look at http://rafb.net/p/0t085M48.html

Line "000439:  OUT: 000001 ms 000439 ms 40 22 01 00 69 ff 00 00 >>>" is
the important one here that you need to find in order to verify that
you havent missed anything. I think m920_sp_parse one bug that prevents
it from generating proper file when reading from usbsnoop. Anyway, let
me know when you find a dump with either 69ff(usbsnoop uses
different byte ordering) or ff69.

> 2) what kind of test can i apply to guess what is the right frontend
> and what parameters to use in the m920.c file in order to get it
> loaded when the device is connected?

Used components can be identified by looking at usb dumps. You can also
open your device if you wish. Though, we will need some logs anyway.

--
Aapo Tahkola