Re: LifeView TV Walker - Model LR506

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:14:14 +0200
"Daniel Weigl" <danielweigl@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Nick,
>
> Thx for your replies!

Take a look at
http://www.rasterburn.org/~aet/m920x/m920x-twalker-rl506.patch
This driver should not belong to m920x.c since it's not based on m920x
(noticed that afterwards).

Couple notes:
- m920x_identify_state will most likely not work for your device
- m920x_firmware_download routine should not be used for this
device(assuming you have to dl firmware)
- you need to make sure adapter field of tvwalker_lr506_properties is
properly filled

You can examine other drivers that use CY7C68013A(FX2) to figure out
what still needs to be done.

Couple pointers:
19:30 < mkrufky> most likely, the dvb-usb-firmware's default
CYPRESS_FX2 handling should do the job

19:31 < mkrufky> you may want to
look at the FIRST entry in cxusb, for the medion 95700, for an example
of what a typical dvb_usb_device_properties struct looks like for an
FX2 device

19:31 < mkrufky> (dont look at the bluebird ones -- we had
to override the firmware download routing with a USB PID firmware patch)

--
Aapo Tahkola