Re: DVB Networking Module

On Wed, May 16, 2007, Christian Praehauser wrote:

> The branch is available at
> http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~cpraehaus/hg.cgi/v4l-dvb.

This repository seems to be corrupted:

$ hg clone http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~cpraehaus/hg.cgi/v4l-dvb
destination directory: v4l-dvb
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
abort: consistency error adding group!
transaction abort!
rollback completed

> Along with the new dvb-net module, a new version of the dvbnet (DVB network
> interface manager)
> is (required and) available at the repository
> http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~cpraehaus/hg.cgi/dvb-apps.
> It uses a simple command language, example:
> dvbnet addmpe pid 300

Some people probably use dvbnet in scripts, so if you change
the commandline syntax in a non backwards compatbile way
it's better to give your version a different name and leave
the old one alone.

> I would like to discuss here (on the list)
> - whether if it makes sense to this (from your point of view)
> - what should be changed/added/removed
> - any other comments
> - if we should and how we can eventually integrate this into the main
> v4l-dvb and dvb-apps branches

couldn't look at your code, but:

I think it was a design mistake in the current dvb-core that a card
driver has to add code if it wants to support dvb-net. As soon as a card driver
registers a demux, dvb-core should add dvb-net automatically, as
there is zero card-specific code involved.

It is useful to have CONFIG_DVB_NET.

Johannes