Re: Re: stale adapter entry in /dev/dvb after resume from suspend

Hi Tino,

hotplugging got fixed for devices which use the dvb-core framework,
the cinergy T2 reimplements parts of the dvb-core but the hotplugging
issue didn't get fixed there yet.
First please submit the dmesg output afters waking up your notebook.
Think it wouldn't hurt to fix that driver till it gets converted to
use the dvb-core framework.

Markus

On 5/9/07, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 21:01:58 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 20:45:23 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > very occasionally I have two apater entries for my CinergyT2 in
> > /dev/dvb. The timestamps reveal that one entry may be left behind when
> > the driver was unloaded before suspend:
> >
> > /dev/dvb$ ls -la */dvr0
> > crw-rw---- 1 root video 212,  5 May  7 17:18 adapter0/dvr0
> > crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 69 May  7 18:18 adapter1/dvr0

Hi,

debugging reveals that the state directory is left behind sometimes if the
driver
is unloaded, so it has nothing to do with a resume after suspend.

Regards,
Tino

Markus Rechberger