Re: 2.6.20 with latest hg drivers and dib0700

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Henrik Beckman wrote:

> I´ve been asking this before, but ...
> Does anyone know if the problem occurs in windows to or is it a linux
> exclusive, if it´s ok in
> windows it´s fixabel.

I think the improvements people reported when switching to 2.6.20 are
showing that there was at least some part of the problem is related to the
hcd-driver in Linux.

It seems that there will be some in the close future to work on linux-dvb
again. I will then release a new firmware for the dib0700 and at least
everyone has something to test.

> Also does anyone know if the hauppage driver includes it own, as in special
> USB controller driver for the onboard usb controller ?
> Someone mentioned that the revision of the usb controller on the card is
> very old, maybe it has a hardware bug that needs
> special attention ?

Very good question.

Patrick.