Re: 2.6.20 with latest hg drivers and dib0700

The disconnect problem is the exact same problem I keep getting. I've tried to ask on the linux-usb lists, but I was told that i "had faulty hardware if I keep getting disconnects" - I don't think so as a lot of us Nova-T users seem to be getting the exact same disconnect problem.

Hope someone comes up with a fix soon, or at least can help us figure out what's causing it!

Cheers,

Mike

Chris Murton wrote:
So i've been testing various scenarios since my last post, none of which have improved matters to any extent with my Hauppage WinTV Nova-T 500 PCI.

I thought I'd go back to latest v4l drivers against 2.6.20, but with these.. nothing locks on MythTV. I'm just getting constant "(L_s) Partial Lock"s on every single channel I have. This is with both dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw and dvb-usb-dib0700-02-rc1.fw. The only way I can get picture back is to revert to the kernel drivers against either the old firmware or the rc1 firmware (which both work.. for a while).

Is there light at the end of the Nova-T 500 PCI card tunnel?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Murton wrote:
Hi,

I upgraded to the latest hg drivers against a 2.6.20 kernel for my Nova-T 500 USB and whilst the Oopses went away, the driver now appears to disconnect more frequently than it did before - I'm also seeing more frequent partial locks in MythTV (L_s instead of LMS).

Apr 21 10:44:46 basil kernel: usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 2
Apr 21 10:46:44 basil kernel: dvb-usb: could not submit URB no. 0 - get them all back
Apr 21 10:46:44 basil kernel: dvb-usb: error while enabling fifo.
Apr 21 10:50:10 basil kernel: dvb-usb: error while stopping stream.

I tried the latest firmware that I could find (dvb-usb-dib0700-02-rc1.fw) and that gave me similar results with no noticeable improvement.

I'm now trying a different approach, using the 2.6.20 kernel drivers with the latest firmware.. the partial locks have gone away and no disconnects yet but it's only been running for 30 minutes!

Also, I don't know if anyone else has had this but when the USB disconnects occur it does not reconnect, but as soon as I reboot something must trigger the USB device to come back on as I can see it being re-probed and brought online as the box is going down - any thoughts?

Thanks
Chris