Re: Hybrid tuner proposal (V4L/DVB)

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>
> > I believe many people ("users") would like em28xx to be merged
> > asap, so I'm trying to find a way how it could be done.
>
> IMHO, code that which is bad should be fixed and then only be accepted
> into the project. I don't see any reason for any person/project to be
> given any special status and things should work just as normally.
>
> It is completely wrong  to artificially create a huge importance/need
> and doing things -- Incorrect way of doing things.

It's not artificial. The em28xx merge has been delayed for more than
a year with little visible progress.

That's a disaster.

And it doesn't really matter whose fault it is.

If you have technical reasons why Markus' code shouln't be
merged (like "breaks support for the X card", or even
"breaks all non-em28xx cards" or "crashes under SMP" etc.),
then you should let us know about it.

Note that your hybrid tuner proposal is not dismissed
by merging Markus' code, however time is important here,
and I don't think it's OK to delay the merge another
couple of weeks/months until your proposal is fully
implemented, tested and merged.

Johannes