Re: Hybrid tuner proposal (V4L/DVB)

Hi,

[big snip]

C'mon guys, let's leave the past behind us and
not start fighting again.

I believe many people ("users") would like em28xx to be merged
asap, so I'm trying to find a way how it could be done.

It is unfortunate that em28xx depends on the hybrid tuner
API design, but we have to live with it.

> On 4/10/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >http://marc.info/?l=linux-video&m=117571761928085&w=2
> >http://marc.info/?l=linux-video&m=117613833119350&w=2

If that proposal is _proven to work_ ("dummy_hybrid_tuner.c" doesn't
sound like it's been tested), _and_ has more supporters than
Markus' code, then I would ask him to rebase his code
on top of it. However, I don't think we should wait
another month for your proposal to be ready.

So currently I think if Markus code _works_, and
_doesn't break_ any non-em28xx/xc3028 devices, then it
should be merged.
But of course that requires that people test his
stuff with non-em28xx equipment, and report if it still works.
(And ideally someone who read through the code would
ACK it or let us know why it can't be ACKed.)

You or someone else can rewrite the whole hybrid tuner
stuff later once you have a proven better solution.
I don't care and I guess Markus wouldn't mind, too.

Johannes