Re: Nova-T 500 windows driver update fixes reception problems

Hi all,

I have discussed with the people involved with Hauppauge at DiBcom and
wanted to know the problem.

They explained me, that the actual problem/mistake is the broadcaster:
They are using SFNs (single-frequency network, a DVB-T mux is transmitted
by several, geographically different, transmitters) and each transmitter
has its own cell-id in the TPS. As the channels are the same, the cell-id
should be the same as well.

I have the register settings for the dib3000p and dib7000p (no rev-eng
necessary) which disable some algos to work-around that. However I would
like to make that a module-load option, because here in France and afaik
in Berlin, Germany, the SFNs are OK and disable the algos may cost other
performance problems.

I will try to prepare a patch for that as soon as I can.

Patrick.