Re: Nova-T 500 windows driver update fixes reception problems

Hi Patrick,

I haven't seen you on the lists in quite a while.  I'm still having problems with some channels with this card in Melbourne, Australia, and these changes should improve this.

Are you going to get some time to look into this soon?  Is there anything I can do to help?   If you give me an overview of the changes I could try to develop a patch for this.

Thanks,
Matt

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
Hi all,

I have discussed with the people involved with Hauppauge at DiBcom and
wanted to know the problem.

They explained me, that the actual problem/mistake is the broadcaster:
They are using SFNs (single-frequency network, a DVB-T mux is transmitted
by several, geographically different, transmitters) and each transmitter
has its own cell-id in the TPS. As the channels are the same, the cell-id
should be the same as well.

I have the register settings for the dib3000p and dib7000p (no rev-eng
necessary) which disable some algos to work-around that. However I would
like to make that a module-load option, because here in France and afaik
in Berlin, Germany, the SFNs are OK and disable the algos may cost other
performance problems.

I will try to prepare a patch for that as soon as I can.

Patrick.