Re: Nova-T 500 windows driver update fixes reception problems

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
Hi all,

I have discussed with the people involved with Hauppauge at DiBcom and wanted to know the problem.

They explained me, that the actual problem/mistake is the broadcaster: They are using SFNs (single-frequency network, a DVB-T mux is transmitted by several, geographically different, transmitters) and each transmitter has its own cell-id in the TPS. As the channels are the same, the cell-id should be the same as well. I have the register settings for the dib3000p and dib7000p (no rev-eng necessary) which disable some algos to work-around that. However I would like to make that a module-load option, because here in France and afaik in Berlin, Germany, the SFNs are OK and disable the algos may cost other performance problems.

I will try to prepare a patch for that as soon as I can.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for looking into this for us. I can't say that I understand all that, but I'm glad to see that you'll help us out with a patch. A couple of Nova-t 500 users in Melbourne were about to give up on the card.

Any idea why this card/chip is sensitive to this broadcasting problem? Other cards, STBs, and tuners in TVs don't have any problems with these channels ... it's only this card.

If I knew how to describe this better, I would try to let the broadcaster know that they can fix the problem. Did you get any specific details that I could pass on?

Thanks again,
Matt