Re: Re: [RFC] multi std silicon tuners and analog tuners

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Qui, 2007-04-05 às 17:10 -0400, Michael Krufky escreveu:
>
>> It appears that I may have been misunderstood.
>>
>> Your argument is completely valid, I only ask that nobody touch tda8290.c or
>> tda827x.c until Hartmut and I are done with our upcoming changes.
> Yes.
>
> It doesn't make sense touching the code right now, before we've agreed
> on the changes.
>
> There's just a point that worries me: Markus, Manu and you are coding
> different solutions for the API. We should focus our discussion at the
> API changes *then* coding the drivers. Otherwise, the discussion will
> just generate warm, since each one will defend his approach, according
> with his own foot and it would be really hard to have a common approach.

I am not touching the API.  I am working on adding support for the tda8295+8275a
and tda8295+18271 to tda8290.c and tda827x.c .....  For now, I have the analog
parts working and ready, will push in a patch after Hartmut's review.

Manu's proposal runs deeper than Markus, and address the issue in a much more
thorough manner.  I like the direction that the discussion between you and Manu
are going.  We must all keep an open mind, and make the BEST decision.  This is
not a race, and it doesnt matter who came first.

I have no proposal on the table.  I just want to see the best solution made.

> My suggestion is to start the discussion from Markus RFC, since it is
> the first one who proposed an RFC on this subject, (his second approach
> is dated from Feb, 27). He sent the 3rd approach today.

Manu's rfc has been outstanding for over a year now.  Multiproto is required for
dvb-s2 support, and Markus' proposal does not take multiproto into account.  I
am sure Manu will be able to get into better detail, here.

> As it is an RFC, and provided that *all* keep the discussions at the
> highest possible technical level, not starting or answering to personal
> flames, I can see everyone collaborating on this and converging to a
> common sense.

Yes.

> This is a good time to remind about good values.
>
> Happy Easter for all!

same to you.

Regards,

Michael Krufky