Re: Re: [RFC] multi std silicon tuners and analog tuners

Em Qui, 2007-04-05 às 17:10 -0400, Michael Krufky escreveu:

> It appears that I may have been misunderstood.
>
> Your argument is completely valid, I only ask that nobody touch tda8290.c or
> tda827x.c until Hartmut and I are done with our upcoming changes.
Yes.

It doesn't make sense touching the code right now, before we've agreed
on the changes.

There's just a point that worries me: Markus, Manu and you are coding
different solutions for the API. We should focus our discussion at the
API changes *then* coding the drivers. Otherwise, the discussion will
just generate warm, since each one will defend his approach, according
with his own foot and it would be really hard to have a common approach.

My suggestion is to start the discussion from Markus RFC, since it is
the first one who proposed an RFC on this subject, (his second approach
is dated from Feb, 27). He sent the 3rd approach today.

As it is an RFC, and provided that *all* keep the discussions at the
highest possible technical level, not starting or answering to personal
flames, I can see everyone collaborating on this and converging to a
common sense.

This is a good time to remind about good values.

Happy Easter for all!

--
Cheers,
Mauro