Re: Problem with local hg trees

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, e9hack wrote:
> > e9hack wrote:
> >>>
> >> No, I don't use the hg commit command. I think it makes no sense,
> >> because I've read only access. The differences between the two
> >> directories have nothing to do withe my reverted changes in one of the
> >> directories.
> >>

> It seems that is a problem of mercurial 0.9. I've update to version
> 0.9.3. Now 'hg update' has update 10 files.

You can still commit changes to your local tree even if no one will ever
pull from it.

If you run 'make commit', scripts will automatically check the code for
certain issues and prepare a proper format commit message for you to fill
in.  You can then hg export this commit and it's easier to process if you
post it to the mailing list.

After you pull in new changes from the master v4l-dvb, mercurial can
automatically merge your changes into the new ones.  If one of your patches
gets merged into the master, mercurial will see that it is the same as your
local commit and not create any conflicts.