Re: 2.6.18 patch for SATELCO EasyWatch PCI (DVB-C)

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 09:40:24PM +0100, Thomas Hamm wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 00:42 +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:
>
> > Can you see from the above dmesg output whether the card acutally
> > works, as I currently do not know whether I have a driver or
> > a configuration problem.
>
> looks ok to me. yet i don't have any clue about the driver internals.
>
> > All the information about tuning in the linuxtv.org wiki assumes
> > that I already have some channel information file, which I
> > unfortunately do not have. Is there a way to do a full scan
> > over all channels?
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Scan
>
> use dvbscan from dvb-tools to create your own channels.conf. if it
> works, write back and i'll commit a new patch.

As this wiki page states, "dvbscan requires a channel information
file to do its job", which is exactly what I am missing. Further
googling has led me to

http://free.pages.at/wirbel4vdr/w_scan/index2.html

which provides a tool based on dvbscan that can do a full range
scan without needing a channel information file beforehand.
Unfortunately it does not find even a single TV station, so there
is probably really a driver problem.

You wrote earlier that (based on the different PCI subsystem ID)
my card might have a different "frontend". Is there a way to find
out which one?

Regards and many thanks,
Karsten
--