Re: Cam Menu?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:32:27PM +0100, David Härdeman wrote:
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 07:07:05PM +0000, Andrew Lyon wrote:
Really not sure what is wrong, I can leave it playing a encrypted
channel for days at a time, but if I change channels a few times it
stops working, I have a feeling perhaps the cam is not responding
quickly enough to commands, are there any timeout values I could try
changing?

If you're feeling adventurous, you might try recompiling MythTV. In mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dvbcam.cpp, function DVBCam::CiHandlerLoop(), there is a usleep(250) which I suspect is way to low. The CI specification (EN50221) says it's fine to poll every 100ms, so try setting it to 90000 or so (this ain't 100% correct because MythTV might still want the shorter timeout to read replies etc...but it's a start if you want to spend some effort debugging).

I know this was a long time ago, but it might interest you that I got two patches committed to the MythTV repo today which improves the loop timeout, adds proper per-100ms polling and implements support for the DVB time (all in all, those patches should help you).

Expect to see the new functionality in 0.21.

--
David Härdeman