Re: Cam Menu?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:19:09PM +0000, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>>On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 07:09:32PM +0100, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>> >Is there any util I can use with Technotrend S-1500 with CI to get
>> >into the cam menu? The cam has settings that I need to change,
>> >apparently with a set top box you can go into the cam menu, but I
>> >cannot find any way with a dvb card on linux.
>>
>>Try the "gnutv" app from the dvb-apps repo using the "-cammenu" option
>>
>>--
>>David Härdeman
>>

>Does that work for you?

Yup (using a C-1500)

># dmesg | grep frontend
>DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
>DVB: registering frontend 1 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
>
>so I use adapter 1 :
>
># gnutv -cammenu -adapter 1
>
>en50221_tl_handle_sb: Received T_SB for connection not in
>T_STATE_ACTIVE from module on slot 00
>
>en50221_stdcam_llci_poll: Error reported by stack:-7
>
>en50221_tl_poll: CAWrite failed
>en50221_stdcam_llci_poll: Error reported by stack:-2
>
>mythbackend had been running (and using that adapter) but I stopped it
>before running gnutv.

I'd suggest you try it again after a reboot or after unloading/reloading
the budget-ci module, it seems the CAM module was still active after
Myth had been using it.

Will do,  system is in use until tomorrow now.

Also make sure you use recent drivers from the dvb repo, a patch I wrote
was committed a day or two ago, and without it, my CAM would lock up by
simply using a remote control (which would in turn produce lots of
interesting error messages).

I am using a Technotrend S-1500 + CI + CAM, Ive not had errors when
using the remote, but I do get problems with my card/cam if I change
channels too quickly, and sometimes if i just leave myth running in
the main menu, when I watch tv it always gets lock, but I get a blank
screen for a long time and eventually a video error or I have to kill
mythfrontend, stopping the backend, removing and reloading budget_ci
and restarting the backend usually cures it, I ended up adding a menu
item for that but its not a nice solution :(.

Really not sure what is wrong, I can leave it playing a encrypted
channel for days at a time, but if I change channels a few times it
stops working, I have a feeling perhaps the cam is not responding
quickly enough to commands, are there any timeout values I could try
changing?

My dvb-s card (Avermedia 777) and Freeview channels do not have the
same problem.

Andy