Re: Cam Menu?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 11:36:24PM +0000, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>On 10/30/06, David Härdeman <david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>If you're feeling adventurous, you might try recompiling MythTV. In
>>mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dvbcam.cpp, function DVBCam::CiHandlerLoop(),
>>there is a usleep(250) which I suspect is way to low. The CI
>>specification (EN50221) says it's fine to poll every 100ms, so try
>>setting it to 90000 or so (this ain't 100% correct because MythTV might
>>still want the shorter timeout to read replies etc...but it's a start if
>>you want to spend some effort debugging).
>
>Wow!, changing usleep to 90000 seems to have completely fixed the
>problem :), Ive changed channel over and over again and even by
>entering channel numbers really quickly I cannot make it fail.
>
>The channel change time seems the same too, I will see how it goes in
>the next few days and report back again.
>
>Thanks for your suggestion, didnt it work as well for you?

Not completely...but it improved things. I think the cable might be
dodgy so I'm arranging to get a new one (long story).

--
David Härdeman

Changing the sleep value has definatly made channel changes more
reliable, before I was lucky to be able to change channel more than 3
times without having to reload the backend and the card modules, now
it works most of the time, but if I change channels immediately after
starting the backend, the backend sometimes crashes, thats not so bad
as I know to let it settle for a few seconds after startup before I
start channel surfing.

I left the frontend in the main menu overnight and tried to use it at
lunchtime, selecting livetv and any channel resulted in "blocky" video
being shown, like really really heavy mpeg artifacts with lots of
green blocks and motion corruption, changing channel would not fix
this, restarting the backend fixes the problem, and I didnt have to
reload the card modules.

I will try to get some debug info about that, some of the log entries
(cam debugging etc) are not timestamped so I will need to do more
testing to be sure of looking at the right events as the problem
occurs.

Andy