Re: re: megasky does it actualy tune then???

had a look at qt1010.h and it doesn't make sense to me.

the base frequency for Crystal palace is 505833333 and QT_MIN_Step is
2000000

and we have this chunk of code

        if (freq % QT1010_MIN_STEP)
                printk("frequency not supported.\n");

        div = (freq - QT1010_MIN_FREQ) / QT1010_MIN_STEP;
        mod = (div + 16 - 9) % 16;

then obviously we get freq not supported even though its a valid
frequency.

I've tried adding 16667 to freq which clears the error and can see the
megasky is tuning but of cause cannot get a lock as the wrong freq is
selected

It appears that this is hard coded throughout to set tuning of the
megasky so it looks like this tuner can only tune in the country of
origin of the original developer.
Unfortunately I am not clever enough to go any further as I don't have
enough experience of USB or C.
I did get a usbsnoop when changing channels from the windows driver but
it was just tons of hex.