Re: TS Stream - null packets generation?

Hi,

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 10:29, Chun Chung Lo wrote:
> I am now using a STB (under development) which its hardware
> configuration is:
And if you are using GPL'd software, of course you are considering the legal
sitation ?  [1]

> When I capture the TS stream (which is stream out by a DVB-T modulator),
> and compare the file with the original one, I found tones of NULL
> packets (which its header is 0x47 0x1F, 0xFF 0x10, and remains are 0x00
> ... Until the end of a TS packets, 188bytes).
> And where are the TS null packets come from?
Thats called bit-stuffing and is simply very normal in any DVB signal.

Your video/audio/data-stream in your DVB-signal is coded at a variable data
rate, depending on the content. The channel capacity of the desired
DVB-channel is fixed. And so the unused part of the capacity is simply filled
with Null-Packets.
But this should be also described in the manual of your modulator.

> This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s
> use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or
> legally privileged information intended for a specific individual and
> purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy
> any hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying,
> or distribution of this message and/or any attachments is strictly
> prohibited.
Could you describe this a little bit more in detail ? Should i read this mail
or not ? Do you need an answer to your question or not ? And please describe
which different laws are you meaning ?

Kind regards,

Thomas

[1]: Btw, does anybody know a translation of the GPL to the common asian
languages ? Or is this not possible due missing vocabulary ?