Re: new tv tuner card

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
Hi,

Philip Shead wrote:
Peter D. wrote:

On Friday 8 September 2006 06:32, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

This might be a clone of the LifeView LR306 card.
so please try:
modprobe saa7134 card=94
modprobe saa7134-dvb
If this works, we can easily add an entry to get it detected
automatically.

>>> Sep  7 10:24:26 localhost kernel: tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz
>>> sampling clock
>>> Sep  7 10:24:27 localhost kernel: tda1004x: found firmware revision
>>> ff -- invalid
>>> Sep  7 10:24:27 localhost kernel: tda1004x: booting from eeprom

I assume you use a recent snapshot from linuxtv.org.
I can imagine 2 possible reasons:
- Either the handling of the firmware eeprom is different on your cards.
  what happens if you force the card type to 87?
- I haven't looked into this in detail, but there might be a new bug in
  the interrupt handler which causes the card to lock up completely in some
  situations. Does analog still work after the hang?

  I've been using an hg pull from last week mostly. I updated that
today and I've been able to isolate one instance of the problem.
With mythtv and an analogue channel that doesn't tune (very weak
signal) it seems to break. When you try DVB it gives the message
about trying to upload firmware revision ff. For me this
causes analogue & digital tuning to fail (until a complete
power down), the composite input present with card=94 continues
to work (I have nothing connected to svideo).