Re: Compro Videomate DVB-T200 and friends

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Since i worked on the T200 and T200a:
> These cards support DVBT-T and analog baseband, but no analog TV
> via tuner. That's why the config entry in saa7134-cards.c says
> TUNER_ABSENT - as Michael already mentioned.

Ok.

> The T200 is known to work, but since i never had this card in hand,
> i am not sure whether the definition of the baseband inputs is correct.

It's good to know it can work, at least.

> As mentioned before, you need to load the saa7134-dvb module, afterwards
> the devices will be available. To make the card work, you need a
> firmware file, use the script get_dvb_firmware.pl in the Documentation/dvb
> directory. You will need the file for the tda10046.

Ok, this I have done, put the firmware in /lib/firmware and followed the
udev config instructions in Documentation/dvb/udev.txt.

Unfortunately running "modprobe saa7134-dvb" appears to achieve
absolutely nothing at all.  The module loads, but gives no dmesg output
and no /dev/dvb devices are created.  Any ideas?

I'm running FC5 fully patched with kernel 2.6.17.11, if that matters.

(The same thing happens when I load cx88-dvb for my other two cards.  Or
doesn't, rather.  And if I use MAKEDEV to create the /dev/dvb structure
manually, then running "scan" reports "no such device".  It's like the
low-level drivers can see the hardware, but somewhere something is
failing to tie everything together inside the kernel.)

James