Compro Videomate DVB-T200 and friends

[I'm a DVB newbie, so feel free to refer me to documentation if that's
the appropriate answer.]

I have a box that I'm planning to use as a MythTV backend, with a Compro
Videomate DVB-T200 and two Xpert V-Stream TV-PVR 883 cards.  I've tried
and failed with Centos 4.4 and I'm currently using Fedora Core 5 with a
2.6.17 kernel.

The first issue is that the DVB-T200 card is recognised, but I'm not
sure the card definition in the saa7134 code is correct.  It lists the
DVB-T200 as having a composite and S-Video input only with no tuner,
whereas mine has composite, S-Video and Analogue/Digital TV inputs and
a tuner.  I'm wondering if there should be three separate definitions
and card IDs for the DVB-T200, DVB-T200A and DVB-T220 (which may be the
one that actually does match the DVB-T200 definition in the code).  Can
anyone help me with this?  Compro have some information on each of the
cards here:

  http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/product/vmt200-hardware.html
  http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/product/t100t220/t220-hardware.html
  http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/product/vmt200a-hardware.html

Second, the TV-PVR 883 cards aren't recognised, but the manual pretty
much states they're a KWorld LTV883RF, so I've used card=16 as a
parameter for the cx88xx module.

Finally (for the moment :) I was expecting "something" (udev/v4l/etc.)
to create some /dev/dvb/* devices, but that hasn't happened.  Am I
mistaken, or missing something?  How should these devices come into
being?  I see that linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.1 uses these device names.  Is
that the right version I should be using?

Thanks,
James