Re: Compro Videomate DVB-T200 and friends

Am Freitag, den 08.09.2006, 00:59 +0200 schrieb hermann pitton:
> Am Freitag, den 08.09.2006, 00:33 +0200 schrieb Hartmut Hackmann:
> > Hi
> >
> > hermann pitton wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > for that one, all the chips have support for composite, svideo and,
> > > sometimes not connected, composite over svideo input.
> > >
> > > The manufacturer must be somewhat crazy not to use it ...
> > > I know for sure from the past Compro is not.
> > >

> > Since i worked on the T200 and T200a:
> > These cards support DVBT-T and analog baseband, but no analog TV
> > via tuner. That's why the config entry in saa7134-cards.c says
> > TUNER_ABSENT - as Michael already mentioned.
> > The T200 is known to work, but since i never had this card in hand,
> > i am not sure whether the definition of the baseband inputs is correct.
> > As mentioned before, you need to load the saa7134-dvb module, afterwards
> > the devices will be available. To make the card work, you need a
> > firmware file, use the script get_dvb_firmware.pl in the Documentation/dvb
> > directory. You will need the file for the tda10046.
> > For the T200a, you currently need a hack to get it working. you will find
> > instructions in the v4l-dvb wiki.
> > I never heard of the T220, so i can't tell about getting it working before
> > i got more information.
> >
> > Best regards
> >    Hartmut
>
> Hi Hartmut,
>
> we'll get this straight after some more investigations.

The DVB-T200 has for sure a digital tuner only. Compro's site is a bit
misleading concerning the antenna connector, but else talks only about
digtal tuning.
http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/product/vmt200-Features.html

One can find lots of shops/reviews. All announce only digital.
http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ps_13407089/100066613.html
http://www.custompc.co.uk/custompc/reviews/81783/compro-videomate-dvbt200.html

If we should have something wrong on the composite or svideo input,
we can easily fix it with the help of a tester.

For the DVB-T220 there is indeed only S-Video announced,
but likely composite over an adapter is connected.
Somebody has to find it out.

Cheers,
Hermann