Re: Re: What has happend to Manus repositories?

I deleted my repositories at linuxtv.org, because of

(1) a post on v4l-dvb-maintainer from Johannes Stezenbach
<js@xxxxxxxxxxx> asking people to remove of unnecessary trees. It was
getting quite hard to find out the trees from there as it was getting
real cluttered.

So i choose to put my patches/trees over here at.

http://www.thadathil.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi
Manu,

I've been working on a 3 week old tree you gave me from thadathil.net. Thanks for this. I've added support for a new S2 demod and tuner (for the WinTV-HVR4000). I'd like to get the entire tree up on linuxtv.org, at least people can comment.

I sense a level of frustration in your comments. Let me ask, in your view what's the current position with multiprotocol? Is the ML close to agreeing the general frontend ops/core changes? The thread has gone cold.

In the mean time, from my perspective, commercial pressure to release 'half baked' drivers and/or core framework changes (to customers in vertical markets) leave me in a difficult position. I don't want to do that. It's a horrible scenario. Neither do I want to be seen as pushing a commercial agenda... simply because I'm not. I want what's best for Linux, make no mistake about that.

I'm happy to hold off my vertical customers until the ML has a workable solution and has some kind of long term future... except we don't seem to be discussing/planning or moving ahead with any multiprotocol review/change cycle.

Now I'm frustrated.

Johannes, any comments in terms of multiprotocol generally?

How do we get this project back on the rails?

Steve