technotrend C1500 -bundled remote working (budget-ci)?

Hello,

I'd like to get my "Technotrend C1500 DVB-C PCI" -bundled remote
control* working with VDR (and I'm ready to do the work involved, if I'm
able). I'm pretty much a newcomer to v4l-dvb and input device hacking,
so any help is very much appreciated... I haven't found anyone already
working on this, but please tell me if I'm re-inventing the wheel here.

The remote partially works with the budget-ci driver -- about half the
buttons work, pressing the others outputs:
"DVB (msp430_ir_interrupt): no key for XX!"
in /var/log/messages (because the hard coded Hauppauge/Zenith keycodes
do not match). I wrote down all the keycodes and experimented by
patching them into budget-ci.c**, but this didn't really help -- kernel
messages do not appear anymore, but vdr or xev still do not see anything
when keys are pressed...

So, question number one: what might be happening here, and how should I
proceed? I'll attach lspci output for the card in case
it's useful***.

Now, while I was reading through the code, I noticed that the current
budget-ci remote control stuff looks like it's not too expandable... I
also found a patchset that seems to try to fix this
(http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.linux.html#dvb).

This leads me to question two: If I actually end up fixing something,
what code should I base my work on? Are there other places I should
check for work already done?

Thanks for any help,
--
Jussi Kukkonen

  *) http://www.dvbshop.net/images/product_images/popup_images/57_0.jpg

 **) http://koti.welho.com/jkukkone/tt-1500.patch
     (note: there's a typo in the patch -- KEY_2 has a double entry,
      I tested with the correct one though)

***) lspci -v output:
0000:00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
       Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH: Unknown device 1010
       Memory at fd000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

     ...and the corresponding pci-ids according to "lspci -vn":
0000:00:09.0 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
       Subsystem: 13c2:1010