Re: configuration dvb-t for Switzerland

On  8 Aug, Mr.ZooM wrote:
> Hi all
>
> on http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/First_steps it is wirtten that
> I should use a command like this:
>
>  # scan /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/uk-Oxford
>
> and replace the uk-Oxford with my place. But I can't find a
> configuration File for Switzerland (Zurich).
>  From where do I get such a file or how can I create such one?

You essentially need the dvb-t-frequencies for your place in Switzerland
and presumably you can find them with google, probably there are
published somewhere in the internet. Look for the official site of the
Switzerland TV stations or similar.

Then you edit one other existing file and insert those frequencies in
the second column (in units of Hz). There are also some other parameters
and may be you can also find some informations for them too. If not
there are not that many possibilities and you can simply try all of
them, for example all values of "1/2" to "1/32" (or similar) for the
column 8.

Greetings, Klaus.