Re: technotrend C1500 -bundled remote working (budget-ci)?

A hint on the irc channel helped me solve this myself, mostly -- a minor edit in
the keycode definitions and actually using the remote-plugin (instead of relying
on X to forward the events, as it seems I was doing previously) made the remote
work quite all right. My experiment-patch for budget-ci driver is available at
http://koti.welho.com/jkukkone/tt-1500.patch, in case anyone else wants a quick
and dirty solution.

The other question is still valid:
> Now, while I was reading through the code, I noticed that the current
> budget-ci remote control stuff looks like it's not too expandable... I
> also found a patchset that seems to try to fix this
> (http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.linux.html#dvb).
>
> This leads me to question two: If I actually end up fixing something,
> what code should I base my work on? Are there other places I should
> check for work already done?

More specifically, how should I go about adding the keycode definitions for this
remote? The linked patch just rewrites the Hauppauge/Zenith definitions.

--
Jussi Kukkonen