Re: DVB card remote control geneates too many signals

> The culprit was the bttv module. From kernel 2.6.16, this module has a
> new source file, "bttv-input.c" (it's in directory
> "drivers/media/video/", of the kernel source), which defines the
> infrared codes for various cards. To stop the codes being recognised,
> all I had to do was to pretend that my DVB card doesn't have an IR
> sensor. To do this I edited another source file, "bttv-cards.c", by
> changing ".has_remote = 1" to ".has_remote = 0". This assignment appears
> for each card with a remote and you need to find the one for your card.
> Mine was BTTV_BOARD_AVDVBT_771.

You definitely don't want to do this!

> > Thanks Craig, this sounds promising. Can you explain what you mean by
> > "just used the correct dev/input driver for my card"? I tried setting
> > the LIRCD_OPTS variable to "-d /dev/lirc/0" (in file
> > /etc/conf.d/lircd) but this still didn't work.

Almost all cards supported by v4l require the "dev/input" driver for
lirc.  In your lirc config file you set LIRCD_DRIVER="dev/input" and
point for example; LIRCD_DEVICE="/dev/input/event2" Now restart lircd
and things should be working.

Regards,

Soyeb