Re: BBC HD TS file

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 21:01 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Soyeb Aswat wrote:
>

> >>the PMT is changing: pids 68 and 69 have changed to 70 and 71
> >>

> >That explains why I see so many pids in the stream.  Why could this be?
> >Is it to stop people like me recording the streams or something else?
> >

> boh!
> anyway it's explicitly allowed in the definition of mpeg-ts

Actually it's more complicated than that.  I'm still not convinced the
ts contains only one channel.  See below.

> >>try -vid 71 and -tsprobe 10000000
> >>

> >These help with the first pass of encoding which runs smoothly, but the
> >second pass fails immediately with the error "Video stream is
> >mandatory!".
> >

> if you upload a sample to incoming I'll give it a look

I've uploaded a sample to
ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/soyebhdsample.ts .  The sample is
about 70MB.  I'm sorry for the large file size, but the files are
enormous even for a few seconds of recording.

If I play the sample with simply "mplayer <filename>" then it plays one
channel, but if I try "mplayer -nosound <filename>" then I get another
channel and the repeating error:

[h264 @ 0x87c3808]MBAFF + spatial direct mode is not implemented

There is one possibility, I had to change channels in VLC whilst
recording to get the correct channel recorded (VLC always chooses the
wrong channel to start with), so could it be a bit of recording from the
first channel then the second channel?  But if that's the case then why
does the first channel only appear when I'm using -nosound?

I'm confused.

Good luck!

Regards,

Soyeb