Re: BBC HD TS file

Soyeb Aswat wrote:

the PMT is changing: pids 68 and 69 have changed to 70 and 71

That explains why I see so many pids in the stream.  Why could this be?
Is it to stop people like me recording the streams or something else?

boh!
anyway it's explicitly allowed in the definition of mpeg-ts

try -vid 71 and -tsprobe 10000000

These help with the first pass of encoding which runs smoothly, but the
second pass fails immediately with the error "Video stream is
mandatory!".

if you upload a sample to incoming I'll give it a look