Re: BBC HD TS file

Mart wrote:

On 7/17/06, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

as I wrote countless times: you need the PAT and PMT pid in your TS file,
or no player will ever recognize the H264 video stream for what it is.
I also explained many many times how to include those two pids, so don't
ask how, please :)

You haven't explained it in any of the postings I've seen.

I did

They've
been vaguely mentioned, but not actually described. I see mention of
decode_pmt and decode_pat,

it's all you need

but having installed them, they don't seem
to do anything with the captured stream,

they permit to analyze the content

and naturally their usage
doesn't seem to be documented in any findable location.

I've tried the mplayer patch that allows forcing the codec used for
the video stream, but that doesn't work either.

How about a link to one of the previous many, many times you've explained it?

I have too many things to do to search in the archive. Here's a short description:
assuming you captured a short sample stream with

dvbstream -f ... (all tuning parameters removed) -0 8192 > test.ts

decode_pat test.ts will show you a list of programs such as
decode_pat test.ts

New PAT
transport_stream_id : 900
version_number : 12
| program_number @ [NIT|PMT]_PID
| 0 @ 0x10 (16)
| 11 @ 0x120 (288)
| 12 @ 0x121 (289)
| 13 @ 0x122 (290)
| 14 @ 0x123 (291)
| 15 @ 0x124 (292)
| 16 @ 0x125 (293)
| 17 @ 0x126 (294)
| 18 @ 0x127 (295)
| 999 @ 0x63 (99)
active : 1

then for each of the programs run

decode_pmt test.ts <PROGRAM> <PMT_PID> e.g.
decode_pmt test.ts 11 288
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 2, expected 0) for PID 288

New active PMT
program_number : 11
version_number : 6
PCR_PID : 0x81 (129)
] 0x0b : External clock: No, Accuracy: 1.000000E+01
] 0x10 : "À,r"
| type @ elementary_PID
| 0x02 (ISO/IEC 13818-2 Video) @ 0x201 (513)
| ] 0x02 : "▒H_"
| ] 0x42 : "å
ð%!"
| 0x06 (ISO/IEC 13818-1 Private PES data packets) @ 0x241 (577)
| ] 0x56 : "ita "
| 0x04 (ISO/IEC 13818-3 Audio) @ 0x294 (660)
| ] 0x03 : "g"
| ] 0x0a : "ita"
| ] 0x42 : "å

until you find the <PROGRAM> containing the video stream you are searching (H264 has stream_type == 0x1b), if this VPID is e.g. 513 then adding the right pids to dvbstream will save all the pids you need to play
the program:

dvbstream -f .... -0 0 288 513 660 > tv.ts (or you can add the right pids to the appropriate line in ~/.mplayer/channels.conf
separating pids with a +)