Re: BBC HD TS file

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 00:26 +0100, Mart wrote:
> On 7/17/06, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Mart wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > It looks like the TS file I've got from the SkyStar2 is broken in some
> > > way, as my MPlayer doesn't recognise the codec. ProjectX won't
> > > demultiplex it either, thinking it's MPEG-2 data.
> > >
> > > - Mart
> >

> > as I wrote countless times: you need the PAT and PMT pid in your TS file,
> > or no player will ever recognize the H264 video stream for what it is.
> > I also explained many many times how to include those two pids, so don't
> > ask how, please :)
>
> I've tried the mplayer patch that allows forcing the codec used for
> the video stream, but that doesn't work either.
>
> How about a link to one of the previous many, many times you've explained it?

The latest mplayer (1.0try8) will play BBC HD ts files without
modification.  mencoder will reencode them too.  The latest VLC will
play the files, and is a convenient gui for recording broadcasts.

I hope that helps.

If you want to see what can be achieved, see:

http://www.mvgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12727&st=0

Regards,

Soyeb