Re: BBC HD TS file

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 16:24 +0100, Soyeb Aswat wrote:
> Hello Nico,
>
> I've been trying this for days and just can't get it working:
>
> soyeb@linux:~/dvb/hd> decode_pat city.ts
>
> New PAT
>   transport_stream_id : 47976
>   version_number      : 17
>     | program_number @ [NIT|PMT]_PID
>     |              1 @ 0x42 (66)
>   active              : 1

> That file obviously doesn't contain anything useful in there.  Can you
> see what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Also I don't have a problem capturing the full TS, I use VLC for that
> and it works fine.  It's just that, because there is more than one
> channel there, mencoder gets confused and falls over :-(  Any
> suggestions on a workaround?  By the way, this all works on another
> channel that we have that only has one channel in the TS.
My guess is that the problem you have here is that the city.ts file you
use to decode pat/pmt is not actually from the transponder you are
trying out with dvbstream. Because in the decode_pat output above there
is only one channel in the TS.

Note that you can also use VLC to grab only one channel from the TS. to
do this use --programs <program number> --sout file/ts:<output filename>

where program number is the id of the channel you want ( 1 in the above
case). VLC handles all the PAT and PMT parsing for you so you don't need
to mess about with decode_pmt/decode_pat.

Regards

Sigmund