Re: DiB3000MC rewritten and MT2060 is ready to gointomain

On  1 Aug, matthieu castet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Klaus Frahm wrote:
>> On 31 Jul, matthieu castet wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,

>>>Do you see "MT2060: successfully identified" in the kernel log ?
>>

>> No, neither in dmesg nor in /var/log/messages. In dmesg I see after
>> initializing the device:
>>
>> usb 5-8: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
>> usb 5-8: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>> dibx000_common: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.
>> dvb-usb: found a 'AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800)' in warm state.
>> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
>> DVB: registering new adapter (AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800)).
>> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
>> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input3
>> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
>> dvb-usb: AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800) successfully initialized and connected.
>> usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_a800
>>
> Thanks, that could explain the differences.
> I don't see your device on
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#DiBcom_USB2.0_DVB-T_devices_.28based_on_the_DiB3000M-C.2FP.29
> , may be you should add it.

Actually, my device is already in the wiki-list, only 1-2 pages above:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#AVerMedia_AverTV_A800

We only discovered recently (with the help of Patrick of course) that
there are apparently two type of models of AverTV A800, an old one which
requires a firmware file and a new one (like mine) which does not
require a firmware file. This has required a patch to the file a800.c to
solve an initialization problem related to a cold/warm state issue (see
the thread "AverTV A800 trouble", about during the last one or two
months).

Greetings, Klaus.