Re: Bug tracking system for v4l-dvb

I'm crossposting it also on LinuxDVB, since we need an unique bugtrack
system for both analog and digital issues.

We may use kernel bugzilla for those issues, or having a separate
tracking system at Linuxtv. Using Kernel one helps keeping just one
system, since we should handle events there. On the other way, having a
separate one would allow to customize to our needs (of course, if
someone have some time to dedicate to implement and maintain such
system).

For me, we can go on either direction, but we should use the system not
only for bugs, but also to handle proposed patches.

Em Ter, 2006-08-01 às 09:20 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev escreveu:
> Hello all
>
> Yes, it's all about the same, v4l-dvb project needs issue tracking
> system. Just like to help Hermann and others with their wonderful
> support we need to setup and __use__ one. Mailing list is certainly not
> so appropriate to handle 1000 requests per month.
>
> For me it's seems rather natural to track bugs in kernel bugzilla
> (http://bugzilla.kernel.org) partially because newbies sometimes fill
> bugs there already, partially because that will free us from support
> tasks.
>
> We could ask for "V4L-DVB Drivers" category with the following list of
> components: general, api, saa71xx, cx88, bttv, em28xx and so on. I am
> adding CC of bugzilla admin as well and like to hear your opinions.
> --
Cheers,
Mauro.