[ANNOUNCE] Bugzilla for V4L/DVB - was Re: Bug tracking system for v4l-dvb

An update about this thread:

Em Ter, 2006-08-01 às 09:20 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
> I'm crossposting it also on LinuxDVB, since we need an unique bugtrack
> system for both analog and digital issues.
>
> We may use kernel bugzilla for those issues, or having a separate
> tracking system at Linuxtv. Using Kernel one helps keeping just one
> system, since we should handle events there. On the other way, having a
> separate one would allow to customize to our needs (of course, if
> someone have some time to dedicate to implement and maintain such
> system).
>
> For me, we can go on either direction, but we should use the system not
> only for bugs, but also to handle proposed patches.

After some contacts with kernel bugzilla maintainer, a new category were
recently introduced, called "v4l-dvb". Previously, we are receiving bugs
as "Video" "Other".

This category allows opening bugs at the following components:
	bt8xx
	cx88
	dvb-core
	dvb-frontend
	dvb-usb
	em28xx
	pvrusb
	radio
	saa7134
	ttpci
	v4l-core
	webcam

	v4l-other
	dvb-other

We have about 200 different kernel modules, so, creating a category for
each of them would just make hard to the user. So, there are two
"generic" categories: "v4l-other" and "dvb-other" (for other v4l or dvb
troubles not covered at the rest of the categories).

If we notice a particular module is requiring more attention at the
"other" categories, we may ask adding a new component for it.

With bugzilla, it will be easier for us to have a knowledge base of
bugs, solutions and patches.

I'd kindly like to invite all driver maintainers to create an account
there, and to use it regularly.

For the users, this is a good channel to open issues about the drivers.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Mauro.