Re: How to submit a patch to v4l-dvb

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Unai Uribarri wrote:
> Is something wrong in this patch? I tried to follow all the guidelines
> about how to write a patch. Will be eventually merged?

I do not really know anything about how this usb input device stuff works,
so I can't comment on if the patch is really correct or not in that
respect.  The strlcpy to strlcat change does seem strange to me.  It seems
like one of them must have been very wrong.

The linux/usb_input.h header file moved to linux/usb/input.h in 2.6.18, so
you should update the patch to take this into account.

You might want to look at this unapplied patch here to see what must be done
to make usb input stuff work for kernels < 2.6.18, < 2.6.15, and < 2.6.13:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/compat?cmd=changeset;node=dd9dece7bc70;style=gitweb

If this change is included and not made backward compatible, then
versions.txt should be updated for whatever driver it is that uses this
code.