Re: VDR build failure with current HG drivers

Am Mittwoch, den 26.07.2006, 20:16 -0400 schrieb Alan Cox:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 01:33:38AM +0200, hermann pitton wrote:
> > > v4l1 compat module when user programs are not allowed to use it?  Is the
> > > goal to allow old V4L1_binaries to be used, but not allow old V4L1 sources
> > > to compile?  That's an odd choice, to provide more compatibility for
> > > binaries and sources.
>
> No application should be including kernel headers. Period.

I'll take that as a call for the future, else I'm without words.
To start simple, FedoraCore did not include any v4l2 until FC4,
but dropped the for development 'useless' xawtv and had tvtime v4l2.

> IIRC, a time-slot to drop v4l1-compat is not yet announced?
>
> We don't dump existing interfaces provided to general applications. v4l1-compat
> can be seen as a long term historical wart I'm afraid.

Nothing against it, but I would have to correct my previous post to Ben
concerning the fmtools then to: "do nothing as usual".

Hermann