Re: DVB-H support

Am Mittwoch, den 26.07.2006, 21:15 +0200 schrieb Robert Schlabbach:

> Of course everything can be done with saved transport streams as well -
> provided enough time of it has been captured.

Do you have a howto on how to create ts and play them back to work on
them in the same way like with a live reception?

> We're not discussing DVB services per se, this is solely about DVB-H. The
> DVB-H ESG (Electronic Service Guide) can be transmitted in GZIPped format
> (presumably to save bandwidth, or simply to make it harder to decode), and
> that is being used in the DVB-H transmissions here in Germany.

sdp's could also be inlined in containers and everything could be packed
using BIM not gzip, so not so easy if when you would like to do it full
standard compliant.

http://www.dvb-h.org and here the A099 paper gives interested people
some answers. Hope to see an open source ESG client soon ;-)

Regards
 Stephan