Re: DVB-H support

On 7/26/06, Robert Schlabbach <robert_s@xxxxxxx> wrote:
1. Find the "well known IP address" (224.0.23.14 port 3937) in the INT

I assume this step is only for live streams. I live in Barcelona and I can't find any DVB-H ts. Anyone knows?
Besides, how will it work with a previously saved transport stream file?

2. Map the corresponding PID to receive IP packets to that address
3. Employ ALC/FLUTE to receive "objects" (aka files) from that address
4. If the directory indicates that an object is type GZIP, un-gzip it

Sorry if that question is obvious ( i'm quite a newbie ) but as far as I know, dvb services are not sent GZIPped, so what kind of objects will be compressed with GZIP?

5. Parse the received ESG container; it should contain a DVB-H decoder
bootstrap structure
6. Retrieve the IP multicast address which the ESG data is transmitted on
from the bootstrap structure
7. Map the corresponding PID to receive IP packets to that address
8. Employ ALC/FLUTE to receive "objects" (aka files) from that address
9. If the directory indicates that an object is type GZIP, un-gzip it
10. Parse the ESG containers in the received objects (files); you should
find some .sdp files in them
11. Save the .sdp files to disk and load them into VLC
12. Don't forget to map the corresponding PIDs for the multicast streams

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@xxxxxxx