Re: Re: Freecom DVB-T stick with ID 14aa:0225

Hi Bingen and Erich,

> > Now more questions: what is a "usbsnoop session"? How can I do it? Is it
> > easy to explain, or is there any HOWTO about it?
>
> You can find usbsnoop on the internet, it is free, a tool for Windows.
> Install it, start it and take care to install the drivers by selecting the
> appropriate menu entry in the usbsnoop GUI. Sorry, I can't give details as
> I deinstalled it and don't have Windows running anywhere. But the trick to
> start usbsnoop was inside usbsnoop's menus.
>
> Then insert your device (hopefully you've installed the drivers
> before). usbsnoop will produce a log of the traffic between windows and the
> usb device. Save that log and procvess it as described in the following
> thread:

There is also another Tool for Windows to trace the USB-Traffic, which I used
to find out that the MPEG-Stream is coming from Endpoint 0x86.

It's called "USB-Monitor". Simply google it.
The Trial-Version runs about 20 Minutes and then has to be restarted.
But the time is almost enough to get the wanted information.
Usage is as simple as usbsnoop, but the output is well formatted.

--
Regards

    Alex