Re: Re: Freecom DVB-T stick with ID 14aa:0225

Hi Bingen,

On Thursday 13 July 2006 11:25, Bingen wrote:
> El Thursday, 13 de July de 2006 10:33, Erich Focht escribió:
> first of all thank you for your answer, and sorry cause I didn't send it to
> the mailing list (I didn't realize). Perhaps this could be interesting for
> anyone else, so I'm doing it now...
>
> Now more questions: what is a "usbsnoop session"? How can I do it? Is it easy
> to explain, or is there any HOWTO about it?

You can find usbsnoop on the internet, it is free, a tool for Windows. Install
it, start it and take care to install the drivers by selecting the appropriate
menu entry in the usbsnoop GUI. Sorry, I can't give details as I deinstalled
it and don't have Windows running anywhere. But the trick to start usbsnoop
was inside usbsnoop's menus.

Then insert your device (hopefully you've installed the drivers
before). usbsnoop will produce a log of the traffic between windows and the
usb device. Save that log and procvess it as described in the following
thread:

http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/011131.html

Should get you a bit further...

Regards,