Re: usbsnoop (it was Re: Freecom DVB-T stick with ID 14aa:0225)

El Monday, 17 de July de 2006 18:57, Alexander Tuschen escribió:
> Hi Bingen and Erich,
>
> > > Now more questions: what is a "usbsnoop session"? How can I do it? Is
> > > it easy to explain, or is there any HOWTO about it?
> >
> > You can find usbsnoop on the internet, it is free, a tool for Windows.
> > Install it, start it and take care to install the drivers by selecting
> > the appropriate menu entry in the usbsnoop GUI. Sorry, I can't give
> > details as I deinstalled it and don't have Windows running anywhere. But
> > the trick to start usbsnoop was inside usbsnoop's menus.
> >
> > Then insert your device (hopefully you've installed the drivers
> > before). usbsnoop will produce a log of the traffic between windows and
> > the usb device. Save that log and procvess it as described in the
> > following thread:
>
> There is also another Tool for Windows to trace the USB-Traffic, which I
> used to find out that the MPEG-Stream is coming from Endpoint 0x86.
>
> It's called "USB-Monitor". Simply google it.
> The Trial-Version runs about 20 Minutes and then has to be restarted.
> But the time is almost enough to get the wanted information.
> Usage is as simple as usbsnoop, but the output is well formatted.

Hi,

first of all, sorry for the delay in my answer, but I've been out... I've been
trying both tools, but I'm in a mess.

I have tried two versions of usbsnoop:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/
and
http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/

Then I've tried these scripts to analyze the logs:
http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/experimental/usbsnoop/?cvsroot=sane

but I've not been able to get something like this:
http://home.crax.dk/analyzed.log
(it appears in the thread sent by Erich:
http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/011131.html)
So I've not been able either to apply these scripts to get the firmware:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-December/007247.html

So, is there any easy way (I've not kwonledge enough to understand the logs)
to obtain the usb logs, parse it or analyze them with scripts and then apply
the scripts to hex and to binary to get the firmware?
If not, where should I start reading from?

Thank you both very much,

   ßingen.

--

   ßingen.