Re: idea on how to break the static dependencies on demodulator modules

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

I wonder.. is that "unable to get function XXX" message actually useful? If someone has intentionally disabled the frontends they don't need, they don't want to see a load of those for the modules they intentionally disabled. (some cards have 3 or 4 possible frontends, and the only way to tell which is to try each in turn).
Wouldn't we only see this message if the frontendfoo_attach function was called? This would only happen if a card is installed that needs a frontend driver whose support is missing. So, if the message is going to show, it would be for good reason.

The only messages you'd really care about would be (a) frontend ok, or (b) no frontend found, both of which will still work fine.
I disagree. If the frontend isnt found, and it is because of a missing function / module, I think the user will want to know which one.

-Mike