Re: Re: [mythtv-users] compro dvbt-300 no luck with no lock

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 08:57, dvb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've heard this before about other dvb-t cards; the twinhan card I had
> previously on the same external aerial would get picture down as low as 16%
> signal strength, mostly unwatchable of course....

i have the same card (compro dvb-t300). Signals that are received by cx88
based cards (NOVA-T and a DViCO card) work fine, but no go under linux for
the compro.

I think someone had mentioned that the saa7134 based cards need to have a
frequency offset, which doesn't help us with multiple cards under mythtv (esp
when the other cards work with the nominal frequencies)

> I might try it in a winodze box to compare before I spill out the cash for
> a signal amplifier.  They cost almost as much as a new card!

Under the exact same hardware setup, the card works perfectly under Win2k,
with the supplied software.  (I had to try the supplied drivers just to make
sure that the card wasn't faulty)

> Mind you tight arses like myself often neglect to stop & think about how
> much the time costs stuffing around trying to make the unworkable work...
> for the sake of a few bucks...

Yes, well, I've been known to spend less on one thing, only ending up spending
heaps more in both money and time to get a workable system :-S

regards,
Lucas

--
"They're unfriendly, which is fortunate, really.  They'd be difficult
to like."