Re: Status of Technotrend budget cards with CI?

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 12:31, Petri Helin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know whether Technotrend's budget cards, e.g. DVB-C1500,
> which use the budget_ci module, work with the separate common
> interface meant to be used with them? I have tried to get that
> combination to work without success.
>
> I am using kernel 2.16.20. I only get this kind of messages when
> starting the modules budget_ci and budget_core are inserted:
> dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(
>
> To avoid any misunderstandings, the card itself works just great, only
> the common interface doesn't.

Yes, it works, but it is hardware incompatable with certain CAM modules - this
cannot be fixed in the driver software.

If you see the above message, it means it saw the CAM, but could not talk to
it because of this problem. If you can upgrade the software on the CAM, it
_might_ help, but no guarantees.

Which CAM is it out of interest?
Also, whats the version number on the CI interface card?

Theres a list on the wiki:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Supported_CAM_modules