Status of Technotrend budget cards with CI?

Hi,

does anyone know whether Technotrend's budget cards, e.g. DVB-C1500,
which use the budget_ci module, work with the separate common
interface meant to be used with them? I have tried to get that
combination to work without success.

I am using kernel 2.16.20. I only get this kind of messages when
starting the modules budget_ci and budget_core are inserted:
dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(

To avoid any misunderstandings, the card itself works just great, only
the common interface doesn't.

-Petri