Re: USB troubles with DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

Hi,

On 6/29/06, Shanon Mulley <shanonmulleyster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ok. I have tried a different approach now.

I have uninstalled lirc (I am using FC4, and was just using lirc as it
came, and using yum/smart to maintain it).

I have installed lirc from source (I think thats how you say it),
ensuring when I run the ./setup thing, that I selected the option
driver:devinput.

I have modified my /etc/sysconfig/lircd file as outlined on
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVICO-Ultraview_Install_in_Australia#LIRC

I start the lircd thingo with the command:
"lircd -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event6"

I then start irrecord with the command
"irrecord -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event6"

Upon which I am told that I dont have permission to acces
/dev/input/event6. Which, upon checking, I dont.

I switch to the root user, and the message is much more promising, and
it tells me to hold down an arbitary button. I do so, and eventually
get:
irrecord: gap not found, can't continue
irrecord: closing '/dev/input/event6'

Now I'm stumped. I dont know what else to try. Can anyone tell me what
I've  done wrong?

I had this problem with the same remote, but I cant remember exactly
what I changed that got rid of the message. I think that I got the
"gap not found" message when I was trying to use hiddev and then when
I compiled lirc and changed to use dev/input it started working ok (I
followed these steps from Axel pretty much):
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-May/010409.html

Are you 100% sure that your remote is still event6? My usb device
event numbers did seem to change around a bit, so I added the UDEV
change similar to Axel's suggestion, which also fixed the permission
stuff as well.

Simon